We attach great importance to environmental protection and a sustainable energy policy. Our goal is to improve energy performance while reducing environmental impact. This results from the responsibility that we understand as an obligation towards our staff, our customers, society and the environment.
At ETIMEX, economic efficiency and sustainability are not contradictory but rather mutually dependent. ETIMEX is ISO 14001:2015 certified and operates an energy management system certified to DIN EN ISO 50001:2018, which is the basis for continuous improvement of our energy efficiency and the systematic enhancement of energy flows.
ETIMEX pursues a continuous management process to identify and evaluate potential savings and has taken measures to permanently optimise its energy performance. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
The requirements of DIN EN ISO 50001:2018 for an energy management system are based on the illustrated PDCA cycle (Plan-Do-Check-Act), which is a dynamic model for the continuous improvement of processes and systems. It ensures that the current energy consumption is continuously recorded, assessed and optimised.
- Use of recyclable mono-materials (100 % PP mono) in the product areas trays, thermoforming sheets and flexible films
- Production of aluminium-free PP mono blister packs
- Production of detectable CPET trays
- Use of recycled plastics (if technically feasible and physiologically harmless)
- Energy saving and energy recovery
- Reusable returnable packaging
- Weight reduction
- Recovery of production-related plastic waste (punching scraps, etc.)
- Optimisation of the logistics supply chain = reduction of CO₂
MINIMISATION OF FOOD WASTE
Save food starts with the packaging!
ETIMEX uses pioneering formulations for the production of primary packaging and the resulting reduction of food waste.
ETIMEX mono barrier films ensure:
- Extension of the best-before date
- Optimisation of product safety
- High-quality products
The advantages of reducing food waste outweigh the CO2 emissions from the incineration of packaging.
- Implementation of fully recyclable mono-materials for the product areas trays, thermoforming sheets, pharmaceutical films and flexible films
- Reduction of plastic by minimising film thicknesses
- Development of new formulations and materials
- Responsible use of resources
- Support of initiatives such as "Zero Pellet Loss"
- Leading role in collaborative projects such as "PET Tray Recycling" initiated by the "IK-Arbeitskreis"
The aim of ETIMEX PRIMARY PACKAGING GmbH is to develop sustainable and recyclable mono solutions for the food and pharmaceutical industries. The majority of the products today is already fully recyclable.
To download our presentation on environment and sustainability, click here (PDF)